This recipe for queso fundido is a delicious and easy to make Mexican appetizer that highlights the rich, savory flavors of Tyner Pond chorizo. The chorizo used in this recipe is sourced from our local pasture-based farm, which ensures the highest quality and freshest taste. By using chorizo from a farm like ours that raises animals in a humane and sustainable way, you can feel good about your food choices while indulging in this tasty treat.
Tyner Pond chorizo is made with a combination of spices, garlic and our pork, that is sure to please any palate. With the addition of melted cheese, diced onion, and bell pepper, this queso fundido recipe is the perfect party appetizer or game-day snack.
Homemade Queso Fundido with Chorizo Sausage
Queso Fundido Recipe with Local Pasture-Raised Ground Chorizo – A Delicious and Sustainable Appetizer
- 1 lb ground chorizo
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup diced bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Warm Tortillas or chips, for serving
- In a large skillet, cook the chorizo over medium heat until browned and fully cooked.
- Add the onion, bell pepper, and garlic to the skillet and cook until softened.
- Stir in the shredded cheese and cook, stirring constantly, until the cheese is melted and the mixture is well combined.
Homemade Mexican Chorizo Queso Fundido Dip with Tortilla Chips
Serve the queso fundido hot, with tortilla chips for dipping.