by Chris Baggott
by Chris Baggott
Welcome to this delicious recipe for Grassfed Beef Taco Macaroni and Cheese! If you’re a fan of both tacos and mac and cheese, then this dish is sure to satisfy your cravings. But not only is it delicious, it’s also made with locally sourced Tyner Pond grass fed beef, which offers numerous health benefits.
Our Grassfed Beef comes from cattle that are raised on a diet of only grass and other forages, rather than grains. This results in a leaner, healthier product that’s packed with nutrients like Omega-3 fatty acids, conjugated linoleic acid (CLA), and vitamins B12 and E. In addition, grassfed beef has a better environmental footprint and you’re supporting local farmers and communities.
So, not only will you be indulging in a delicious comforting dish, you’ll also be fueling your body with nutritious ingredients. So, let’s get started and enjoy this tasty Grassfed Beef Taco Macaroni and Cheese!
Taco Tuesday Just Got Better with this Grassfed Beef Mac and Cheese Recipe
- 1 pound grassfed ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of taco seasoning
- 1 cup of macaroni
- 4 cups of milk
- 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of shredded pepper jack cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
Optional toppings: chopped cilantro, diced tomatoes, sliced jalapenos, sour cream
- Cook the macaroni according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef over medium heat until browned, about 7 to 8 minutes. Drain any excess fat and transfer the beef to a plate.
- In the same skillet, add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Return the beef to the skillet and stir in the taco seasoning. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until fragrant.
- In a separate saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Whisk in the flour and cook until lightly golden, about 2 minutes. Gradually whisk in the milk and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and stir in the cheddar cheese and pepper jack cheese until melted and smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine the cooked macaroni, beef mixture, and cheese sauce in a large pot and stir to combine.
Serve hot and topped with your favorite taco toppings, such as chopped cilantro, diced tomatoes, sliced jalapenos, or sour cream. Enjoy!
This Grassfed Beef Taco Macaroni and Cheese recipe is the perfect combination of comfort food and healthy ingredients. By using locally sourced grassfed beef from Tyner Pond Farm, you’ll be providing your body with the essential nutrients it needs, while also supporting a local farm and improving the environment. So, gather your ingredients, follow the instructions, and enjoy this delicious dish! If you’re looking for a fun twist on traditional tacos and mac and cheese, give this recipe a try – you won’t regret it!
STAY IN THE LOOP
Subscribe to our free newsletter.
I discovered this mouthwatering Thai-Style Peanut Pork, featuring our local, sustainably-raised pork. This scrumptious slow cooker recipe highlights the superior quality and flavor of Tyner
High-Quality Meat, Ethical Practices, and Free Delivery: Discover Tyner Pond Farm spend a lot of time shopping online, and understand how difficult it can be
Amy managing Grass Fed Beef at Tyner Pond People can easily incorporate local grass fed beef into a balanced and sustainable diet in
Table of Contents Introduction to Grass-Fed Beef The Science Behind Inflammation and Diet Grass-Fed Beef and Inflammation: The Connection The Nutritional Profile of Grass-Fed Beef